Point. Click. Teach. - Theatre Arts III
ABOUT THEATRE ARTS III
This course is geared to the "Varsity" Theatre company and is designed to complement and integrate with an active production-oriented department. Contract-based grading offers student structure and accountability as well as teacher flexibility in a course that is primarily production oriented.
Concepts distilled from contemporary actor training methods used in professional training studios and in university BFA programs are applied in extensive performance projects. The course assumes students have completed Theatre I & II successfully, and builds upon those skills and concepts. Grading is based on a 100-point contract each six weeks, broken down into specific tasks and deadlines which students complete independently, leaving the teacher free to actively coach the actors in a rehearsal/workshop environment. Editable contracts are easily modified for schools not using the six weeks grading period.
ABOUT POINT. CLICK. TEACH
Point. Click. Teach.™ Is a comprehensive set of teaching materials available in various subjects with unique lessons designed for EACH theatre course offered. Full year courses include worksheets, rubrics, handouts, project guidelines, detailed assignment descriptions. Assignments were developed by a veteran teacher and meet TEKS and national standards. Ideal for programs which are heavily production oriented, these resources enhance student accountability and teacher organization and evaluation of group activities/projects.
- Developed by Spirit Productions owner Karen Baker
- 25 years’ experience teaching Theatre & Oral Interpretation
- 9-Time State Championship Play Director, NFL Diamond coach
- All materials were tested and honed on actual children in the real world.
- All documents are editable: modify, print, copy for students.
- Structured, memorized, acting projects with student instructions.
- A full year of assignment sheets, handouts, and rubrics.
- Materials deliver subject content as well as hands on activities.
- Lessons integrate Theatre History with performance.
- Incorporates contemporary actor-training concepts:
Hagen, GOTE, 12 Guideposts, objectives/action verbs
- Forms for everything!
Assignment sheets, handouts, worksheets, tests, rubrics, project guidelines
- Specific script suggestions for assignments.
- Structured process forms for writing original scripts.
- Rich Text Format compatible with IBM or Mac.
- Developed by a veteran teacher during 25 years in the classroom.
- Materials meet TEKS and national standards for every unique course level.
- When printed, each fills a binder with ready-to-use resources.
Point. Click. Teach.™ products are offered in the subject modules listed below. Each subject module is delivered in a zip file which, if printed, offers a teacher resource book that fills a two inch 3-ring binder. Assignments are grouped in Unit Folders by content/concept/project. Specific scope and sequence is to be determined by the individual teacher.