Point. Click. Teach. - Theatre Arts IV
ABOUT THEATRE ARTS IV
This Senior level course offers artistic and intellectual challenges for actors who are dedicated to their craft and eager to grow in knowledge and mastery. Contract-based grading offers student structure and teacher flexibility, and assignments incorporate research, peer teaching, and performance.
The Theatre Arts IV program complements and integrates with Theatre III coursework. Contract grading structure adapts easily to a "mixed" group of students in Theatre III & IV, allowing the instructor to adapt easily for differing student objectives and skill levels.
These projects are suitable for Honors or Advanced courses, and require students to research and draw upon a wide range of historical and social perspectives in addition to continued mastery in acting, character analysis, and production skills. National standards and TEKS are met in a multitude of interconnected ways, and students are called upon to demonstrate their integration of four years of training.
Note: In a program where Theatre III & IV students are mixed every year, these two courses can be alternated in "even/odd" years. All essential knowledge and skills will be addressed fully.
ABOUT POINT. CLICK. TEACH
Point. Click. Teach.™ Is a comprehensive set of teaching materials available in various subjects with unique lessons designed for EACH theatre course offered. Full year courses include worksheets, rubrics, handouts, project guidelines, detailed assignment descriptions. Assignments were developed by a veteran teacher and meet TEKS and national standards. Ideal for programs which are heavily production oriented, these resources enhance student accountability and teacher organization and evaluation of group activities/projects.
- Developed by Spirit Productions owner Karen Baker
- 25 years’ experience teaching Theatre & Oral Interpretation
- 9-Time State Championship Play Director, NFL Diamond coach
- All materials were tested and honed on actual children in the real world.
- All documents are editable: modify, print, copy for students.
- Structured, memorized, acting projects with student instructions.
- A full year of assignment sheets, handouts, and rubrics.
- Materials deliver subject content as well as hands on activities.
- Lessons integrate Theatre History with performance.
- Incorporates contemporary actor-training concepts:
Hagen, GOTE, 12 Guideposts, objectives/action verbs
- Forms for everything!
Assignment sheets, handouts, worksheets, tests, rubrics, project guidelines
- Specific script suggestions for assignments.
- Structured process forms for writing original scripts.
- Rich Text Format compatible with IBM or Mac.
- Developed by a veteran teacher during 25 years in the classroom.
- Materials meet TEKS and national standards for every unique course level.
- When printed, each fills a binder with ready-to-use resources.
Point. Click. Teach.™ products are offered in the subject modules listed below. Each subject module is delivered in a zip file which, if printed, offers a teacher resource book that fills a two inch 3-ring binder. Assignments are grouped in Unit Folders by content/concept/project. Specific scope and sequence is to be determined by the individual teacher.